Small business events are a great way to promote your business, build your professional network, and obtain the skills, knowledge, and tools you need to start or grow your small business. At Boost Capital, we are dedicated to providing platforms for companies that wish to excel. In our attempts to help people find business loans and opportunities to expand their businesses, we hope to assist you in finding the right way to expand yours!
Here’s a run-down of some of the small business events not to be missed this year…
Start-Up 2018 Business Expo
Whether you’re looking to set up a new business, you’re thinking about growing your existing business, or you’re considering starting your business over again, the Start-Up 2018 Business Expo offers a great opportunity to network, learn and grow your business.
Due to be held on Thursday 26 April 2018 at Desk Team in Elmers End, Beckenham, the Expo allows SMEs to meet carefully selected business professionals and hear expert speakers share their extensive experience in setting up and running successful business.
Advance tickets for the events cost just £10, whilst tickets can be bought at the door for £15.
- A programme of workshops and expert speakers throughout the day
- the opportunity to network with fellow start-ups and entrepreneurs to help build and grow your network
- access to an online suite of free business templates to help you get started
- an A5 folder containing the sponsors’ own stories and templates to help you start your new business, or check that it’s heading in the right direction
- One first-class prize draw entry to win a goody bag from the event’s sponsors
find out more and book your tickets here.
SME Annual Conference 2018: Future Proofing Business
The SME Annual Conference is dedicated to providing finance professionals working in and for SMEs with the knowledge and tools they need to future-proof their business and thrive in an increasingly competitive environment.
Set to be held Wednesday 16 May 2018, between 9.15am and 5pm at ICAEW in London, the event will provide:
- A clear picture of the state economy in 2018
- Insights into how new technologies will impact SMEs
- Technical updates on tax, financial reporting, and business and law
- Advice on how to recruit and retain talented employees
- Practical steps you and your staff can take to achieve work satisfaction and perform well
- An understanding of the funding available from numerous providers
Key speakers include:
- Zena Everett, Organisational Psychologist and Executive Careers Coach, CABA
- VBernard Marr, Founder and CEO, Advanced Performance Institute
- Angelie Panteli, CFO, LendInvest
- Mark Berrisford, Head of Economics, HSBC UK’s Commercial Banking Business
- Louise Dunford LLM, LLB, Barrister, Cert Ed, LD Consultancy
Tickets prices start from £160. Find out more and book your tickets here.
SME National Business Awards 2018
The SME National Business Award aim to raise the profile of handworking and enterprising SMEs on a national level.
The Awards are made up of 12 categories, including Young Business Person of the Year, The Green Award, Best New Business, Employer of the Year, and community Business of the Year. All entries are judge by a national panel of judges.
Held at the iconic Wembley Stadium, the Awards Night will allow you to entertain your staff and clients amongst the top businesses from around the country. This black tie event is due to be held on saturday 1 December 2018, starting with a drinks reception at 6.30pm sharp.
Tickets for the glamourous awards night cost £155+VAT for standard tickets or £1,550+VAT for a standard table for 10. Book your tickets or enter the SME Adwards 2018 here.
And here’s what you’ve missed so far..
The Business Funding Show 2018
The only funding exhibition in the UK and the EU, The Business Funding Show, was back for the third year on Thursday 22 February 2018 at East Wintergarden, London.
The show included:
- Talks from the industry leaders, including:
- Tim Hames, Director General at BVCA
- Tom Tyler, Global Head of Sales at LSEG’s Elite
- Tom Sawyer CBE, CIO at InnovateUK
- Jenny Tooth, CEO at UKBAA
- Kelsey-Lynn Skinner, Partner and Director of Tech Ventures at Touchstone Innovations
- Evgenia Plotnikova, Senior Associate at Atomico
- Exhibiting opportunities, allowing small businesses and start-ups to get noticed by top investors and maximize brand exposure
- One-to-one investors clinics with top funders and investors providing valuable ideas, advice and feedback
- Networking for entrepreneurs, lenders, and funders
Look out for details of next year’s event!
The Business Growth Conference
Aimed at budding entrepreneurs who are thinking of starting a business, as well as start-ups and SMEs looking to take their business to the next level, The Business Growth Conference 2018 was a great day of practical knowledge and also provided great opportunities to network with some of the UK’s leading business owners.
The day included exhibitions, networking opportunities, and talks covering topics such as:
- Successful Marketing for Maximum Revenue
- Getting Over the 1 Million Pound Mark
- Obtaining Financial Investments and Funding
Speakers included some of the UK’s leading entrepreneurs who have successfully built multi-million pound empires, including high profile names such as:
- Levi Roots, founder of the Reggae Reggae Sauce Brand
- Dan Germain, Head of Brand and Creative at Innocent
- Kerren Brady, Vice-Chairman of West Ham United FC and star of BBC’s The Apprentice
- James Cadbury, descendent of Jhon Cadbury and founder of Love Cocoa
The event was held on Saturday 17 February 2018, between 9am and 2pm, at ExCeL London, Victoria Dock.
Missed out on this year’s event? Look out for details of next year’s conference!
All of the above events provide ample opportunities for those wishing to enhance their business and its development. They also offer a unique chance to network with investors from all over the country.