It’s that time of the week again – happy Friday! How was your week? We’ve been busy as always, helping small businesses get the funding they need to grow. But in between doing that, we’ve also been keeping an eye out for the latest business news and tips.
Incidentally, if we’ve provided funding to your business, we want to hear from you! We’re giving away a £100 voucher in return for a super short video testimonial. It’s easy to do and it won’t take you long – find out how to get started here.
On the web
- The Pensions Regulator has warned employers that they face fines if they don’t provide a workplace pension scheme
- The Treasury’s been accused of ignoring small businesses when it comes to planning for a no-deal Brexit, according to the Financial Times
- Which? and the Federation of Small Businesses have called for access to cash to be protected, as more and more cash machines disappear
- Selfridges have installed a machine that scans your face and prints it as a 3D chocolate lollipop! (subscription for The Grocer needed)
- And Somerset Live have published a great account of what it’s like to be a florist in Bath on Valentine’s Day
On our blog
- On Monday, we published a guide on thought leadership and how it’s easier to use in your marketing strategy than you think
- We love Dragons’ Den! So we were inspired to come up with 4 tips for how you can survive a grilling from the Dragons
- Our knowledge centre is growing! We’ve got articles on everything from asset finance to working capital finance. One of our newest guides is about debentures – what they are and how they work