Well done! You’ve made it through another week. Give yourself a pat on the back. It’s been another busy one for us here at Boost Capital. We’ve been talking to small businesses up and down the country, helping them grow and expand.
As always, we’ve been keeping a close eye on the latest business news and advice – here are some of the highlights from this week:
On the web
- Simply Business have created a guide on what small businesses need to know about HMRC’s Making Tax Digital initiative before the 1st April deadline
- The FT have posted an interview with Money Mentor Lindsay Cook where she discusses how to crack your credit score
- MPs have issued a report calling for a tax on online retailers to help level the playing field for the high street
- A study by Avaya has found the UK is lagging behind other countries in making it easy for customers to communicate with companies using chatbots
- Big Hospitality have covered the top chocolate trends for restaurants in 2019 (including something called mushroom powder!)
- And TechCrunch reports that Amazon aims to make 50% of its shipments carbon neutral by 2030
On our blog
- We wrote about two of the biggest myths we hear all the time when it comes to business finance
- Will the four-day work week become the norm? We had a look at what it was and who tried it
Did you know…?
Your business has a credit score too! Find out more about how credit scores work and how lenders use them in our knowledge guide.