Happy Friday, everyone! Each week from now on, we’re going to round-up some of the latest small business news and tips from around the web, as well as other stuff we found interesting.
On the web
- SmallBusiness.co.uk have published a handy list of upcoming HMRC webinars giving tax advice to small business owners
- BBC News reported on Sunday that the pay of millennials had been “scarred” by the 2008 financial crisis
- Entrepreneur say conditions have never been better for startups in Europe
- They’ve also published two steps food and drink businesses can take to prepare for Brexit uncertainty
- The government’s updated its guidance for businesses trading with the EU in the event we leave the EU without a deal
- Bridging & Commercial report 57% of commercial finance brokers can’t see a Brexit deal being agreed before the end of March
- And finally, it was National Sickie Day on Monday – so the Sun published some of the worst excuses people gave for calling in sick!
On our blog
- We started the week off by posting 6 tips for managing your restaurant’s cash flow, from making sure you don’t order too much food to reviewing your menu prices
- We’ve put together an in-depth SEO guide for small businesses, covering everything you need to do to get started
- Last week, we published some tips on how to find and keep the right employees for your business
- We recently launched a new knowledge centre which features in-depth guides about a range of different business finance products. Keep an eye on it because we’ll be gradually adding more and more guides over the coming months
Did you know…?
They might be small in size but SMEs account for 99.9% of all private sector businesses! That’s according to statistics gathered by the Federation of Small Businesses for 2018.
Catch you next week
Don’t forget to let us know if there’s anything you’d like to see here each week.
Oh and have a great weekend whatever you’re doing!