Happy Friday! Here’s our round up of this week’s business news, advice and inspiration!
But first, did you know there’s a bank in Italy which accepts Parmesan cheese as collateral for its business loans? We don’t ask for collateral at all as our loans are unsecured. But if you want to send us some cheese anyway, please do!
On the web
- It’s International Women’s Day today! So Simply Business has looked at how small business owners are stepping out of traditional gender roles
- The Guardian’s published an article focusing on how 5 small businesses are preparing for a no-deal Brexit
- The London Business Awards, which reward contributions to London business life, were handed out
- SmallBusiness.co.uk has published 5 steps for getting your small business ready for Making Tax Digital
- Greggs’ vegan sausage roll has boosted their sales by 9.6%!
- Business Matters report that a third of UK SME manufactures are moving their suppliers from the EU to the UK
- And they’ve also reported the ten fasted growing industries for women
- The Grocer reports that Iceland is trialling a packaging-free fruit and veg aisle
On our blog
- One of the industries we help fund are online retailers, so we wrote a guide to starting your own online store in 9 easy steps
- We’ve published a guide to the different types of legal structure you can choose for your business