View our privacy notice.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website
- Analytical or performance cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors, and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works. For example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie name||Cookie type||Purpose|
|_cfduid||Strictly necessary||To speed up page load time|
|_gat||Analytical/performance||Throttles request rate|
|_gid||Analytical/performance||To distinguish users and their activity|
|_ga||Analytical/performance||Calculate visitor, session and campaign data for analytics reports|
|cer.s||Analytical/performance||Visitor activity recording session unique ID, tracking host and start time|
|cer.v||Analytical/performance||Visitor activity recording unique ID, visit time and visit count|
|_atuvc||Functionality||Enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms|
|_atuvs||Functionality||Enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms|
These cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through our website. For example, for interactive content and analytics.
- Crazy Egg: This is used to track how you use our website, and test improvements to the user experience
- Instabot: This is a chatbot we use throughout the website to enable you to find the answers to questions and apply for business funding
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. These cookies can track your browsing history across websites. These are generally used by third-parties to deliver adverts relevant to you and your interests.
Social media cookies
So you can easily ‘like’ or share our content on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, we’ve included sharing buttons on our site. The social network providing these buttons may identify you via these buttons, and may allow the social network in question to track your browsing on our website if your account on the social network in question was activated on your device (open session) at the same time that you were browsing our website.
Cookies are set by:
Turning cookies off
You can switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (learn how here). Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of our website and you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called ‘spyware’”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser, you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.